Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Training!!!

So what does Christmas training bring to the festivities this year?

Christmas Eve: A leisurely 2hr ride with fellow IM Craig & Emm, and Muffy, Nic, Kaylee, Daniele and Emily. The River Loop was very civilised, Nic had her bike speakers blaring Jingle Bells, we saw other cyclists with their tinsel and Santa hats on....


and my speedo read 77.5kph at the bottom of Dornoch Terrace!!! My aim of IM training now is to crack 80kph!









Christmas Day: a leisurely 50 min walk (a very leisurely 10min run snuck into the mix...!). Followed by breakfast of eggs and ham and watching Santa on a boat pulled by reindeer...mince pie making....and a bbq to come at Mike & Ewen's place - good and drinks round the pool with fellow 'Christmas Orphans' :-)

Boxing Day: now this is where the word leisurely falls out of the Christmas period training.....a 4.5hr ride is planned. Will I make it? Well I will start it and see how the leg is...and continue as long as it isn't hurting..

And finally some enlightened words from my esteemed fellow IM, Bec who is jetting off to Las Vegas today (Christmas Day):

"I have to say, as I was packing the car this morning I caught the towers on Mount Coot-tha winking at me. So I told them to f&ck off because I realised I wasn't going anywhere near them until next year!"

Merry Christmas!!

Faye
x

No comments:

Post a Comment