Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ironman Silliness

So it is 32 days since deciding that taking up the Ironman mantle would be a good idea. And 100 days to go until I find out whether that idea was good or just a huge bit left of my centre!!

Ironman, 3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42.2km of running…..and about 12 to 13 hours til finish, maybe, give or take a couple of hours – actually give more than take….!

This is what it’s all going to be about: www.ironman.co.nz

And THIS is what some people say about it:

Ewen: ‘Unfinished Business’

Craig: "when I think about doing IM, I mean really think about it - I get
goosebumps"

Gerrad: ‘Mate it is everything…all your money, all your time, all your thoughts and all your effort…. ‘

……..and yes – those are the people who’ve done it! ......and from those that haven’t:

Bec: ‘Hmm the first thing is 'hungry and broke'. On a serious note - "When I think about doing IM I feel anxious/hesitant/scared - but there is something about it that is impossible to resist"

Emm: ‘Hard work, dedication, commitment, mental toughness, self belief’

Merinda: "When I think about doing Ironman - I vomit"


5 weeks into training, 15 weeks to go.......the journey has started and this is it.......

Faye
x

No comments:

Post a Comment