Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tired all the Time?

I Googled ‘tiredness’ today. Apparently common searches are:

- Tiredness in pregnancy
- Tiredness after eating
- Tiredness in children
- Tiredness and achy joints
- Tiredness and headaches

Well I can tick off the list all of those since eating usually gives me energy at the moment, achy joints…sometimes but definitely related to the crazy world of Ironman…headaches, not really….pregnancy, uh no chance of that…and I definitely do not qualify as a child…well ok only very occasionally in excellent moments of silliness :-)

Maybe I have ‘tired all the time syndrome’. It would fit. And did you know that in a recent survey 11.7 % of the NSW population has ‘chronic daytime tiredness’. I’ve even found a link to chronic tiredness and sleep apnoea – maybe that’s it, I am stopping breathing whilst sleeping which is causing disrupted sleep and making me tired! Or I am anaemic –yep that must be it, not enough steak. Note to self; must eat more steak. Or I’m depressed…that makes people tired. Must think more positively and do some affirmations every day.

Ok, so I consulted the experts. From fellow readers of ‘Bonzo’s’ question on Google answers ‘I feel physically drained and tired all the time, even after a period of sleep. What could be going on?’

Mr.Vincent van Jessup: Diabetes, for one

Lola B: You may not realize this but someone can be depressed without other signs other than being tired all the time. It happened to me. I was tired all the time could sleep all day or night and wake up tired. My advice is talk to your doctor explain how you feel they would know.

Xindaiel: try just plain and simple stress. I get nightmares when i'm stressed.

Spinster Wife: Go for a medical check up. Your testosterone levels could be low especially if you are older. Or you could be depressed.

Stephanie: You are lacking something, if you are not eating right and staying generally active you will lack energy... Try a multi vitamin?


Well Mr. Van Jessup, I am pretty sure I don’t have diabetes...and I’m pretty confident LolaB that I’m not depressed despite being able to sleep all day or night and wake up tired. And nope, I do not feel stressed, do not have nightmares, and sleep like a log. Spinster Wife, have you checked your hormone recently, is this why you’re a spinster – you’ve been pumping that testosterone and are sporting a goaty or mo? That might make you depressed....Hang on a minute Stephanie... I do exercise, I eat regularly and well -have you seen my shopping basket full of steak, fish, vegetables, fruit (ok some chocolate too..), and I take more than just a multi vitamin....my bathroom cabinet resembles a health store.

I just can’t figure it out...tired all the time despite doing stuff that are supposed to give you more energy each day...exercise, eat well, exercise, sleep and start all over again. Hang on a minute that word seems to pop up more than just once in a day.....exercise.

Mmmmmmm.........

I like the response from '5zerocool' - Try some coffee for a boost. I know that if I don't have my coffee in the morning I will be dragging until lunchtime. Some people I know complain about being tired all the time, but won't try coffee. Weird!

Weird indeed 5zerocool, weird indeed!

Faye
x

No comments:

Post a Comment