Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gumby Week

I think the culminating effects of Ironman training are starting to show across the board.....

Myself - went for a swim on Thursday morning and forgot my towel...drip drying is not ideal and does not compare with the benefits of a large fluffy towel - especially when you know you've got another drip dry later in the day after a water run!!
BUT
I was glad to see that I am not alone in my gumbyness this week, there have been others who are succumbing to the Zzzzzz's that cloud a clear thought process, or actually stop the thought process working its way to conclusion when packing kit for training, or even whilst training:
Bec - forgot to pack her bra in her swimming bag, making work an interesting contemplation of sports top under business clothes.
Kieron - forgot the business socks....the choice; white socks under suit pants, or sockless....both not quite the slick image K ;-)and I'm sorry to say mate that there is no hope because you've got another 6 weeks and we've only got 3 - it can only get worse!!!
Emm - a lapse of concentration prior to actually starting a training ride, fell off in the driveway.
Bronnie - deserves a special mention since she forgot her knickers when going to a swim session and then onto work....Bron, you're not even doing IM, there's no excuse!!

I am very glad that taper starts in another week's time, rest, rest, rest. Or actually am I? Doesn't that mean race day is that much closer.....?!!!!!! 20 days and counting....

So this weekend was the last 'long' long weekend of training. 5 1/2 hrs on the bike plus a 30 minute run, plus 3 hours of back to back massaging....Zzzzzzzz was heard by about 8pm!! And today being Sunday was my long run - yipeeeee. And that's only a 'yipeeeee' cause I can run again, not because it felt good - after yesterday's efforts my legs felt like lead! And this is where I ran:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/au/mermaid%20waters%2c%20qld/228126611704742252

And now? Nana nap followed by a 'recovery' swim - the emphasis on recovery, float, float, thrash the arms about a little bit, and float a bit more :-)))))

Napping time is a wasting!

F
x

1 comment:

  1. You are certainly looking very fit Miss Jenner; model material even

    Great job and i am sure Taupo will be the experience you dream of.

    ReplyDelete