Sunday, February 7, 2010

Milestones and Nerves

This last weekend marked a milestone in my Ironman training, injury journey, and general all round personal development!!

Firstly, I swam 3.8km in a long sleeved wet suit - and almost melted as the outside temperature was about 32degrees!!!
Secondly, I ran for 2hrs - actually the longest I've ever ran, ever, and also having only started running after my calf injury 3 weeks ago, I was pretty pleased with that!

Now, rewind a little bit.

My last blog seems soo long ago - probably because it is. I have been meaning to write for the last 3 weeks, and then my training, eating, sleeping, needing to sleep some more, training again AND trying to have a bit of a social life.....just seems to get in the way!!

Well, as you may have gathered, I decided to continue my IM journey. At the time I'd only run once, for 20 minutes. And now I have done several runs, including my 2hrs yesterday - Yippee!! Or I think yippee, as that now means I am still doing IM and have to do that in less than 4 weeks time....! Agh!

Highlights of the past 3 weeksish? Well last weekend I entered the 'Hell of the West' long course triathlon with gun team member Nat Dellow.


Team 'Fat Jellow' ripped up the girls teams and won with over 8 minutes to spare :-). $150 prize money - thanks very much!





And on the way to 'Gundi' I acquired a supporter for my race in Taupo - thanks Nessie :-)))))) soo excited that I now have someone to shout for me and pick me up at the end!!



And have I introduced you to Triathl3te racers yet? Gerrard, Craig, Jeff, Nigel, Mike, Richard, Rusty, Emma and me! Well the kit is in! On the ride after melting in my wesuit on Saturday, Emma, Craig and myself went for a ride in our matching gear - check it out!!



And check out www.triathl3te.com.au

So what now? Well there are 3 weeks and 5 days to go until I swim ride and run around Taupo. I am having momentary 'freak out' moments wandering why on earth I decided to do this amazing but crazy race. What is it that drives us to train like mad, give up normal life for 4 months, and put ourselves through a day of gruelling exercise? Well I guess that's what makes us who we are in life :-).

Off to do core exercises....!

Faye
x

No comments:

Post a Comment